Washington, DC Driving School Program Prices
I Drive Smart Fees:
NEW - I Drive Smart's "Smart Pay" Payment Plan!
You can now pay by Credit Card or Echeck (Direct Bank Debit) over four (4) equal revolving payments over four (4) months from the time of your purchase. Either your credit card or indicated bank account will be charged automatically stretching out your payments for a small convenience fee. This is available when you enter the shopping cart at checkout. Please note that when using the "Smart Pay" payment plan, students can start their in-class training immediately, but the behind-the-wheel training is released partially with each payment.
Buy any I Drive Smart Package and receive a $25 refund if you refer a friend who also purchases a package
($399+) from us. [Note: A package is either a Driver Education Package or a multi-session in-car training package.] Your friend can save $25, $15 immediately at the purchase and another $10 if he or she makes a referral. Your personalized referral code and details on the Refer-a-Friend Special will be contained in your purchase confirmation email. If you have any questions, please ring 855-IDS-COPS (855-437-2677)
or email I Drive Smart.
Driver Education Program |
$704 Bundled price = $629
- 30 hours of classroom instruction
- 6 hours private, behind-the-wheel training in an I Drive Smart DMV-certified vehicle
- Course materials in the form of an E-Book (PDF file) to download to any device or print
- Completion Certification to verify that student has met state-mandated requirements for Maryland (currently not required in the District of Columbia)
Supplemental Training | $189 per two-hour session (reflects $10 discount off normal $199) or Discounted* package options:
* Discounts extended through December 31
- Initial evaluation of the student
- One-on-one training by the I Drive Smart instructor tailored towards the driving test
- Use of an I Drive Smart state-inspected vehicle
Manual Transmission Training | $249 per ninety-minute session
- Utilizes an I Drive Smart Manual Transmission Training Vehicle
- Is one-on-one with a State Certified Instructor
- Focuses on the basic functions of a Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Combines the understanding of both the vehicle's operation and the skills necessary to drive a Manual Transmission Vehicle
SkidCar System™ Training | $249 per ninety-minute session
- A one-on-one ninety-minute session focused on training each student to become a more proactive driver. The training takes place at our own SkidCar Training Center in Germantown, Maryland.
For Senior Refresher Training or Corporate Driver Training costs, please call 855.IDS.COPS (855.437.2677) or email I Drive Smart.
Be sure to read I Drive Smart Policies before registering for any classes.