The office will be closed from Friday May 26th to Monday May 29th for Memorial Day Weekend.
We will return on Tuesday May 30th at 9:00 am.
Any scheduled training will occur as shown in your account.
Washington, DC Driving School Policies
Washington, DC General Class Polices
- Course completion and certificate presentation is not a guarantee of licensing in Maryland, Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- I Drive Smart, Inc. reserves the right to dismiss any student for inappropriate or disruptive behavior without refund of course fee.
- Students must be on time and in full attendance for all pre-scheduled in-class and behind-the-wheel training blocks. Late arrivals may have to wait until the first break before admittance so as not to disturb the rest of the class. Missed class time will have to be made up by the student at a later date and at possible additional expense.
- Students must be dressed appropriately for all pre-scheduled in-class and behind-the-wheel training blocks. No bare feet, clothing with offensive language, or any other dress that would disrupt the class or preclude the student from participating in all learning activities.
- Behind-the-Wheel instruction sessions will occur rain or shine. If we must cancel a session due to inclement weather (e.g., sleet, snow, or ice) or an emergency (such as an earthquake or natural disaster), we will immediately post the cancelation to our website and will also send an email to all email addresses on file for affected students.
- In-class training sessions follow the Public Schools policy for emergency closings and cancelations. Students should check the website for additional postings for all inclement weather notifications. Canceled classes(s) will be rescheduled by I Drive Smart, Inc. within a reasonable amount of time.
- Parents/guardians are required to pick-up their student on-time at the end of all training blocks unless other travel arrangements are approved by the parent or guardian as in the case of the use of public transportation. Regulations state that driving school Instructors are responsible for the student during and after all training sessions. Students not picked-up on time will be charged $50.00 per-hour for any portion of the hour subsequent to the end of the scheduled training block.
- Parents/guardians will be accessible via the emergency contact phone number provided during the registration process. The Parent/guardian(s) of a student dismissed from a training session for any of the aforementioned reasons will be contacted directly at the emergency contact number to pick-up their student. I Drive Smart, Inc. is not responsible for those disruptive students who are dismissed from class.
- Students are required to silence all electronic devices during all pre-scheduled training sessions. Repeated failure to do so may subject the student to dismissal from the training session without credit.